Monday, June 4, 2012

Our PAINTED Nursery!


My husband and I had been going back and forth on ideas of what to do in our little girls nursery. We thought we finally narrowed down the colors to three. But I just didn't want to do half the room this, half the room that, I didn't wan't stripes, I really didn't only want three colors either! I searched the web for different ideas we could do and came across a couple of pictures with squares! We both loved them but we were pretty skeptical at first because we aren't painters but we wanted to do it anyway. Here is the process.....

*This is the very beginning when we were testing out some colors we picked out


*Our masking job! This required  painters tape, a level, tape measure, pencil, 4 hands, and TONS of patience! (This step took WAY longer then the painting!)


*Here is a picture of my hubby doing such a GREAT job ;)


* More progress....


* Almost there.....We were SO excited to be done but then we had to wait until it dried to take the tape off! I'm not going to lie, I was a but nervous as to what it would turn out like!


*No more tape, the FINISHED product!!!! I couldn't stop smiling and just staring at it!


*We HAD to do a high five for a all our hard work ;)


*Does baby like it....? We think YES! (she better!)


*Tah-DAH!


I am SO happy we attempted this, it's not something we would usually try but I kept saying, you know, this is the ONLY room in the entire house we have painted so might as well go all our right? We are both so happy and when we walk in the room we just can't stop grinning. I told my husband I really don't want to put the furniture back, haha! I will try and remember to take a picture once I put everything back :) I also want to add I have the GREATEST, most WONDERFUL husband for doing this on his birthday weekend, Thanks Hun! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment